PLEASE READ BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
- Milburys will charge tenants an administrative service charge of 35% of one months rent (subject to a minimum charge of £200.00) plus VAT to reserve a property. This includes the cost of two references - additional references are charged at £25.00 + VAT. This is a 'one-off' charge per property and is only refundable if the Landlord should not proceed for any reason. In the event that your application is declined due to unsatisfactory references, the service charge will not be refunded.
- Please note that a property will only be reserved and removed from the ‘To Let’ list on receipt of the service charge and fully completed application for tenancy forms. A minimum of TEN business days must be allowed from Milburys receiving completed application forms and service charge to commencement of tenancy.
- Tenancy Agreements will only be available for signing Monday to Friday between 9.00am – 5.00pm and must be signed at our Thornbury office by appointment only. All parties named on the Tenancy Agreement MUST be present to sign on or prior to the commencement date of the Tenancy (unless agreed by prior arrangement). No Tenancy Agreements will be signed on Saturdays or Sundays. Failure to comply with this clause could result in the Tenancy being delayed and additional costs being incurred.
- For ALL MANAGED PROPETIES and in some instances, non managed properties, the tenant will be liable for the cost of the check in which is carried out by Jade Inventories. An additional charge for the inventory check in will be made if it requested over a weekend or a bank holiday. The charge will be increased by 50% for Saturdays and 100% for Sundays and bank holidays. Please ask for details.
- Before completion, Milburys will require one months rent in advance and a deposit, which is the equivalent to 150% of the monthly rental figure, e.g. Rent £500.00 Deposit £750.00. For managed properties only rents will be paid on the first of each month and therefore, an apportioned rent may be payable. Please check with Milburys for confirmation of amounts. (NB. The deposit is in accordance with the provisions of the Tenancy Deposit Schemes as set out in the Housing Act 2004).
- The rent and deposit can be paid on the day of entry to the property in the form of BANKER'S DRAFT OR BUILDING SOCIETY CHEQUE. (NB. A personal cheque is acceptable but only if TEN business days are allowed prior to completion for the cheque to clear. Keys will not be released until the cheque has cleared). Alternatively you may wish to make a direct bank transfer to our clients account, Please ask for details.
- Please note that unless otherwise agreed, all our Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreements and Company Tenancy Agreements are for a minimum period of six months and THE TERMS AND CLAUSES ARE NON-NEGOTIABLE. A copy of the Tenancy Agreement is provided along with the application for tenancy forms for your information. Should you have any queries regarding the Agreement, please seek independent legal advice prior to signing.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the tenant’s belongings, furnishings or equipment within the premises are his and are not covered by any insurance policy maintained by the landlord. It is strongly suggested that tenants have insurance in place to cover their own personal possessions. The tenancy of the property is granted upon the condition that the tenant holds insurance that the Landlord or his Letting Agent considers adequate to protect up to £2,500 against accidental damage caused by the Tenant, to the contents, furniture, fixtures and fittings at the property as described in any inventory.
- Rent is to be paid monthly by standing order. NB. Only one standing order is accepted per property.
- All rents are quoted per calendar month and are exclusive of all rates/services unless otherwise stated.
- A charge of £25.00 plus VAT is payable to Milburys if a building society/bank reference for mortgage purposes is requested.
- If monthly rental receipts are required on managed properties, they will only be issued if Milburys are provided with stamped addressed envelopes and an advanced administration charge of £25.00 plus VAT to cover each six-month period.
- In the event of a prospective tenant wanting to reserve a property pending an exchange of contract on the sale of their own property a holding fee equivalent of 150% of the monthly rental figure will be payable with the service charge and will be forfeited in the event that the agreed commencement date is not adhered to.
Milburys reserve the right to refuse any application without giving reason.